MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 am 
Site Admin

This is the welcome post for r2d2111, my lbp buddy.
He wrote a excellent review about dark souls.
http://www.mioopinion.com/review/Dark-Souls-review-by-r2.php

If anyone want to write article reviews. You can send me the text file in txt form and picture and vids you wanna use on the review. I'll update it to html and post on our site's review section.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 pm 

Well damn reading this just took a dump all over my reviews good work though I gave up on dark souls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Well damn reading this just took a dump all over my reviews good work though I gave up on dark souls.

haha, I know you are more talkative person. your video reviews are pretty good, one issue, if don't mind me point it out, is you intend to do reviews when you just start play a game. They are good for tutorial purpose. But usually ppl like to see the whole picture about a game, not just how it looks at the beginning. So if you can play a game more thoroughly. I mean finish it from start to end, then you can give out a more profound review of a game.

Your ghost recon review is pretty good. if you don't mind write the words you say in your vids down and send it to me. I'll happily format them to web format then post it on our site's review section. let me know if you up to it! ;)

Why you give up on dark souls I wonder?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:03 am 

That's a lot of work but yeah I'll do it. I guess I can show some gameplay of the games finish them and then review them on here. I gave up on that game cause I died a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 am 

Dark Souls and Demon Souls have the same problems, they start out insanelt difficult, then the second you get the right equipment and spells, then it's insanely easy. Sadly I think Dark Souls 2 will be the same, so I'm not getting it for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:03 am 

Also, I'm still upset I can't post proper reviews :/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

dragjae55 wrote:
That's a lot of work but yeah I'll do it. I guess I can show some gameplay of the games finish them and then review them on here. I gave up on that game cause I died a lot.

Cool! looking forward to them.
ya if you just start a game and wanna express thoughts about it, it better be called "ABCD game, first glance" instead of "ABCD game review".

ya, we all die a lot in those hardcore Japanese games. because they are designed that way. The designer want players to think and figure out solutions by themselves from numerous death. finally they can come up with strategy to overcome the obstacles.

I think it's more of a cultural difference between eastern and western designed games. eastern design focusing more on thinking while western design focusing more on pleasure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Luddite11 wrote:
Dark Souls and Demon Souls have the same problems, they start out insanely difficult, then the second you get the right equipment and spells, then it's insanely easy. Sadly I think Dark Souls 2 will be the same, so I'm not getting it for a bit.

can't say I agree with you 100%. but I feel it's all about learning the map and enemy types in DS games. it will never be insanely easy unless you keep press "PS" button and quit before you die for real :lol:

Quote:
Also, I'm still upset I can't post proper reviews :/

Just wrote down keynotes if your phone has a notepad app. for example, if you find a part of a game is designed insanely fun and innovative then write it down why you think its good. or if you find a part of a game that drive you mad you can also write it down the reason.
by the time you finish the game, you will have some raw material to polish with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:37 pm 

Well I can't upload pictures or screenshots, so they won't be as.good as.they could be, or the ones you and that guy made so far :(

Also, did you actually put you as your profile picture? You look goooooood :D haha

Well when you have the nice powerful spells, you can nuke down enemies and bosses easy, instead of worrying about trying to pick them apart with little tiny attacks. Both games were only about spells, weapons never factor into the fights

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Luddite11 wrote:
Well I can't upload pictures or screenshots, so they won't be as.good as.they could be, or the ones you and that guy made so far :(

Also, did you actually put you as your profile picture? You look goooooood :D haha

Well when you have the nice powerful spells, you can nuke down enemies and bosses easy, instead of worrying about trying to pick them apart with little tiny attacks. Both games were only about spells, weapons never factor into the fights

can't agree with you again. weapon matter the most if you wanna do low lvl run on both demon and dark souls.

I beat demon souls with lvl 20 char. dark souls with lvl 40 char. the weapon matters a lot when you decide to maintain a low lvl char to avoid too much invasions in those souls game.
which is the part I hate most. I want to turn off black phantom invasion in my online games. just wanna having fun with my friends. If they can add turn invasion off button in dark souls 2 game, then it will be a much more enjoyable game.

Ya, that's me when I'm not wearing glasses, still wearing contact lens though :mrgreen: