MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wes Hell!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:23 am 
Site Admin

:evil: This is Hell!!!
I've spent more than 200 hours searching for him still no sign him show up. I've now become an expert in adventure mode. rarely die any more, still back up save file but not as often as first get started.

So I decided to starting a post to record what I did during the taunting task of finding WES.

Previous effort.
    Grandma searching in world one. hoping for hit that 1% chance. (100 hours ) :|
    grandma unlock maxwell. maxell searching in world 1~5. (50 hours+) :(
    maxwell finish adventure again return to grandma char. :x
    learned that wes only spawn in world 3 (only if it's not two worlds),
    Quote:
    Klei Entertainment Wes only appears in these conditions (and should always appear in these conditions):
    1. The third level in an adventure (that is, two levels have been beat since the adventure was started, Wes will be in the third level.)
    2. The level is one of "A Cold Reception", "The King of Winter", "The Game is Afoot", or "Archipelago".
    grandma searching in world 3, three times in a row got two worlds as 3rd world ... :x :x
    last night finally got Archipelago as third worlds, I was so exicted, made 3 save file out of it then, searched every inch of that Archipelago map, still no sign of WES. this morning check the forum update
    Quote:
    We think the issue is actually coming from a couple places. As it turns out he actually spawns quite a bit more frequently than originally intended and as a result, actually results in a problem with finding him.
    To lay it out basically, because this is kind of a complicated situation; this is what is supposed to happen.
    Essentially when entering adventure mode, the game has a choice of several maps as you progress. Of those maps Wes will NOT spawn on 2 maps; Archipelago and Two Worlds. Technically, this is a bug, as he should still spawn on Archipelago as well.
    However, Wes can spawn in any of the first 3 worlds (also a bug), which means, that if you are following the directions according to the wiki and only looking in the 3rd world, you may miss him if the game chose Archipelago or Two Worlds for the 3rd world.

WTF, is it just my luck or the game itself is broken :x :x :x :x

Post subject: Re: Wes Hell!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:23 pm 

Well considering I read he only between a 0.5% and 1.0% spawn rate, just stop lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Actually finally find him after hundreds attempts.
The game's save slot 1 is broken in my situation, so wes won't spawn at all if I keep trying using slot1
I alway get Archipelago > A Cold Reception > Two worlds (9 out of 10 times)
the other time I got A Cold Reception > Game is Afoot > Archipelago
Seems if you get a world with worm holes as third world you won't find Wes.

After checking up ps3trophies.org forums today, sb says if you stuck with two worlds as third world in game save 1, you can try use save slot 2 to find him.
Tried this method. it really worked, although I almost give up, since he located at the far end of the whole map, even after the wood platform that you use to assemble 4 pieces. Cursing this Freaking Wes.
Gonna post a vids on youtube soon, will update this post afterwards.
This game's adventure mode is so broken I have to say. Super irritated :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

youtube link for wes finding.

save slot 1. grandma char who's keep getting two worlds as 3rd world. leave save at 10th attempt. 3-1 two worlds as the 3rd stage.
start a new save file on save slot 2 with willow, searched the maxell's door in survival mode and enter it, get King of winter as 1st stage. find Wes at the very end of that map.