MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Welcome to the new age!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:52 pm 

When I heard about this game being a MMO on console I had my doubts by as I watched the demo and played the beta my mind changed. I really enjoyed this game but there was a few problems here and there so ill break it down

Open world with 1,000 people together the thought of having fun with that much people at once was a dream come true. So much stuff to do and being in a clan made it more fun, clan exp, self exp, etc. Vehicles was fun started out having a buggy then you could have a charger or truck. Abilities, from what I remember, was super speed, cloak and a few other things. All being useful in their own special way. Missions can be done with up to three other friends and they have competitive modes in there also some you go to a different map or use the map that everyone else is.

During the start of this game servers sucked really bad, just like every new game that comes out. Critics hurt this game badly cause of the servers at launch which brought down the playbase. Not all missions can be done with friends most story ones you have to solo and its annoying. Took a while for the patches to come in. The story was meh I mean at times it looked cool but the only reason I played it was to unlock the other side of the map.

Overall this game could have been better if all platforms could play together....there was hardly any difference from any platforms. Free content to have kept the players wanting more and still play it. This game had the potential to become a hit but the problems with the servers really hurt it.

Rating 6.5/10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

I tried out the beta version of this game. Seems a bit too buggy. And the graphics are in low quality range. Guess that's the trade off they have to make since it's MMO.
For this reason I think games with 4 players coop are the way to go. MMO create too much burden for the server and sacrifice too much on graphics. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:27 pm 

Not really look at FF14 it just depends on how much money is put into it. You're right about the graphics being low, but if the game is fun I look past that. Look at Minecraft graphics are low(mainly so almost everything piece of tech can run it) and its one of the best games ever made. Some games are good with just 4 while its good to have more. Look up Evolve and tell me what you think.

Here's the video:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:51 am 
Site Admin

pretty cool trailer. But can't comment much since it's not actual game play graphics.
If you ever played the RE raccoon city . That crap game used a well rendered CG to lure ppl in, the final product has nothing like the CG trailer. Total false advertisement.

I can do some wild cat guess based on this trailer you are showing though.
1. The game gonna be a 4 palyer coop.
2.borrowed char design style from borderlands.
3.borrowed lvl/weapon design from lost planet 2.
even bizarre guess
4.game play could end up with a isometric camera view with tiny little chars as Diablo 3. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 pm 

I seen a little gameplay and its in first person view, the abilities are medic, trapper and I forgot the rest the game does look good though. I also didn't forget how gearbox did that one game....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds nice. So this game come in Fall 14? why everything like to be release on fall? Destiny I mean lol
Imo summer should be a much hotter timing for game release, both weather and potential hike caused by student summer vacation.
If I'm the market planner, I'll try release games on summers :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm 

They figured kids and others will be traveling or be outsides all days not wanting to play games. School starts in fall so they know a lot more kids will be staying inside more often.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

That's a good guess. but I think if kids into games, they'll play more game in summer. I wonder is there anyone started a statics poll to check see whether kids play more game on summer vacation or during school semester. That 'll be a fun topic :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 pm 

We should start our own.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:45 am 
Site Admin

I'll research how to create poll on forums when I have time.