MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am 

in XIII-2, they had to recycle enemies and locations, because it was set in the same world of Gran Pulse as the first. :P

Lightning Returns has a nice story so far, and since it is set 500 years after XIII-2, there is all new.areas, and even some new baddies to fight! The battle system has changed, you solely plat as Lightning, so you switch between "Garb" which acts as a reboot of the job system, but enemies drop the skills and spells you need.

The only thing I hate about it as that they have a countdown clock like Majoras Mask :/ You only have so many days until the world just goes poof, so there is a in game clock so from 6 a.m. to another 6 a.m. you get to run around hoping to get things done, so if you don't know where to go, or if you want to find some hidden items, you'll just waste time and then waste the day, instead of completing the main, and side quests to boost stats.

I'll try to write a review, but I would like to beat it first, of course.

Anyways, about the combat system, it changed from a party of three to using only Lightning. You have like cameo party menbers, but you don't control them at all. It's odd. I'll get into it in depth when I scribble my crap out

Post subject: Re: Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:52 am 
Site Admin

Haha, beat you updating your post. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 am 

Well now we can talk about the game, unless you want to gloat more :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Luddite11 wrote:
Well now we can talk about the game, unless you want to gloat more :P

haha, I'm gloating , :lol:
learned another words from you ;)

Ya let's talk about the Final fantasy series as a whole.
Actually FF12 and FF13 are the only FF games I finished from start to ending. All the other FF made me mad because of those "RANDOM ENCOUNTER" they force you to do while exploring. I'm so pissed by those type of designs. I think it should be designed around the gamer who's playing it, thus let player decide whether they wanna engage a battle or not.

FF13 give us the option to run pass enemy along the way if you are not in the mood of fighting. I really appreciate this design change. I finished it without problem.

Although ff13 do have a game pace problem. most ppl blame it's being linear. But the way I see is they should open up character customization and team formation customization early on, not until 30 hours into the game :roll:

Most ppl already get bored with game lacking of customization in those early 30 hours of game play, they gave up on it, thus can't see the game's true shining part when it finally come to the part giving player the option to customize team member roles and strategies. FF13 become incredibly fun after they offer you customization.

I think it's more of a game pace problem not because it's linear.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:58 pm 

Quote:
haha, I'm gloating , :lol:
learned another words from you ;)

Ya let's talk about the Final fantasy series as a whole.
Actually FF12 and FF13 are the only FF games I finished from start to ending. All the other FF made me mad because of those "RANDOM ENCOUNTER" they force you to do while exploring. I'm so pissed by those type of designs. I think it should be designed around the gamer who's playing it, thus let player decide whether they wanna engage a battle or not.

FF13 give us the option to run pass enemy along the way if you are not in the mood of fighting. I really appreciate this design change. I finished it without problem.

Although ff13 do have a game pace problem. most ppl blame it's being linear. But the way I see is they should open up character customization and team formation customization early on, not until 30 hours into the game :roll:

Most ppl already get bored with game lacking of customization in those early 30 hours of game play, they gave up on it, thus can't see the game's true shining part when it finally come to the part giving player the option to customize team member roles and strategies. FF13 become incredibly fun after they offer you customization.
I think it's more of a game pace problem not because it's linear.

Well now I know you like me, because I help you so much ;) hehe

Well the thing with the slow start in XIII, was they had to build character relations, and build the story of bring thrown from Cocoon, being L'cie, and then gaining the power to fight against the bad guy. I would let you play it if we lived closer, then you could feed me ;) yay! Are you going to buy the X/X-2 collection? I also loved XII, but doing all the side quests were tedious, and the Gambit system was way too complicated haha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

they could just throw in all the characters. why bother tell a tidious story which dragged the game play.
I dont' mind too much about story in games. I'd like to focus more on game play :lol:
Although if a game really doing a good job both at gameplay and telling story, I'll call them true gems.

till now not too much games on my list worth 10/10.
beyond is one of them and virtue's last reward(vita) is another, okami is from old gen (ps2) they are all great games with perfect story and great game play.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

oh, dragjae got his FFx collection for free, he's playing them, you can ask his opinion about them

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:21 pm 

The game doesn't come out till next month and its not free its $5.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:54 pm 

kittykuma wrote:
they could just throw in all the characters. why bother tell a tidious story which dragged the game play.
I dont' mind too much about story in games. I'd like to focus more on game play :lol:
Although if a game really doing a good job both at gameplay and telling story, I'll call them true gems.

till now not too much games on my list worth 10/10.
beyond is one of them and virtue's last reward(vita) is another, okami is from old gen (ps2) they are all great games with perfect story and great game play.

Well considering ALL final fantasys have been all about story it's funny you said that :P XII had one of the stories, and brilliant characters, but a average combat system.

Yes, I'm very familiar with getting promotional copies of games for free, I know a director at Machinima who could help to set me up, but I don't have the internet to post any of the reviews to warrent getting the free games to review. So oh well, another thing I can't do

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 am 
Site Admin

ff12 has stories? to be honest I can't even remember what the stroy in ff12 was about lol
I finished it because it doesn't have random encounters (which bother me the most) as all other ff had.
battle system if I remember right is similar to all other ffs.
to me the only brilliant battle system among all ff is the ff13's system once they allow you do customization.