MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:29 am 

Yeah, but since you don't care, I won't waste your time typing it out :lol:

XIII worked out so well because the combat system was based off the job system, which is an awesome way to do it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

So how do you think the lightning return's battle system compare to that of ffXIII's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:13 pm 

kittykuma wrote:
So how do you think the lightning return's battle system compare to that of ffXIII's

As funny as it sounds since you only control one person, it's pretty similar. You still have three "garb" to choose from, and you can set them up to do whatever you want, but like XIII, and -2, you usually set them up as one being a Saboteur to debuff the enemy, one to be the magic caster to stagger the enemy, and then the commando to do major physical damage.

One change is that, there is no medic, in order to heal yourself, you have a slight number of "inventory" slots for potions and phoenix downs.

You know, most of this stuff I'm adding will be in my review :lol: haha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
As funny as it sounds since you only control one person, it's pretty similar. You still have three "garb" to choose from, and you can set them up to do whatever you want

I wonder how one person could do 3 job at the same time, has lightning become a real god, so she can split herself into 3 entities and carry out 3 job at once :o ?

Quote:
One change is that, there is no medic, in order to heal yourself, you have a slight number of "inventory" slots for potions and phoenix downs.

so you love this change or hate it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 am 

kittykuma wrote:
I wonder how one person could do 3 job at the same time, has lightning become a real god, so she can split herself into 3 entities and carry out 3 job at once :o ?

Well wonder no more, because she doesn't do 3 jobs at the same time, and she doesn't split herself into 3 people. The battle system is JUST Lightning, you start out with one garb equipped, and if you to do something different in the fight, you change garbs to do different actions like I stated before

kittykuma wrote:
so you love this change or hate it?

Well its different, because it is the only way to heal yourself in or out of battle is with the inventory slots, or using a new feature called EP that can "cast" curaga, and ep is slowly build up through battles, awarded like Gil and XP. You can still escape battles, but it costs you an entire hour of the day with the clock, which sucks, and if you run out g potions, you'll have to waste time to run to a town to buy more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
and if you run out g potions, you'll have to waste time to run to a town to buy more.

sounds like a bad change, since it creates too much unnecessary hassle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 am 

kittykuma wrote:
sounds like a bad change, since it creates too much unnecessary hassle.

It is, but you are usually worried about that horrible stupid clock ticking to really worry about anything else lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
It is, but you are usually worried about that horrible stupid clock ticking to really worry about anything else lol

add a clock to a game could be a good thing/bad thing depends on different taste among different gamer's.
I don't know how FF13LR's clock system work, so no comment here.
If you ever played dead rising 2, that game implement the clock system perfectly into game. because of the clock, the game become more linear instead of open world free roaming.
if you want to 100% completion of every quest in one playthrough, you'll have to strategically think of a way to manage which quest to do first and carefully pick which next, game become super fun with the clock to help you plan ahead.
If dead rising 2 doesn't have a clock, it'll be a mediocre sandbox game, which I'll hate most likely.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 pm 

True, but you need to do main quests and side quests in order to unlock the final boss, or you need to do new game plus to try again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

so if you miss a single quest due to clock issue , you can't fight final boss? if that's true they are out of their freaking mind I have to say. :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next