MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47 am 
Site Admin

First impression on dark souls 2.
Graphicswise, I feel the model is on par with previous ds games if not worse. So aren't impressed much here. 8/10 graphics
Enemy fighting patterns are similar to previous titles, so they used same animation sequence and re-skinned the enemy charater to make new chars. Which is a common practice for current game industry, reuse and recycle whatever already made to reduce production cost. Ok, as gamers, we definitely doesn't embrace these kind of design trends. :|
First few hours game play, I already feel this installment isn't as thrilling as previous ds titles due to lack of innovation in enemy design. Although can't say the rest of the game experience will be the same, since I only beat a few bosses. Due to constant death. I will wrote quick updating notes whenever my game made some progress for rest of ur guys use for comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 am 
Site Admin

Class used : knight
First death cause: suicide. During tutorial teach u how to jump gap. :?
First surprise : pigglings in the town area. They are unbelievably strong be so tiny.
There are a estus flask shard in the well in town attack the rope to get it.
Get white soapstone (coop summon stone) through the NPC sitting on bench who's equipped with spear and just before an iron fencing door. Talk to him again after venture inside the door and get the stone.

Short bow dex requirement dex12. Recommended for luring enemies.
Dragon fire sword. Inside a cave if u select the route jump down plank after forest bonfire. It's in a cave with a fire spitting serpent head. Hug left side wall.
Stamina ring and hp regen ring , get after the room with 3 giant crossbow route? Need phrah's stone as key,forget when did I find it already. Lol
First boss fight, giant. Around lvl 20? Can't remember details. The key to beat him is be patient and only do one hit per time then roll away from his feet.
Pursuer boss,lvl26? need luck to land the giant crossbow shots on him, which tookaway 95% of his hp. Just keep retrying.

All the other boss can't seem to be able to beat yet. Which include dragon slayer, a fat spear guy and 3 spear guadian bosses. (Why all the bosses are using spear type extra long range melee weapons, while I'm holding just a tiny sword :cry: ).
For now, I'm at lvl31.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:43 am 
Site Admin

remade a warrior char. trying to set up coop section with friend, but the summon mechanism is broken as ever for friends coop. during 3 hours trying only successfully made connection for 3 times. what a crap summon system it is. No idea why from software have to stick with those type of crap online design. but once you set up the section, the play with friends is actually fun and very helpful.
So be prepare for 50 minutes setting up time and only 10 minutes online coop with friends. online coop score 3/10.

The game is similar to previous DSs. you need to focus on upgrading your gears instead of lvl up ur char. my warrior char is at lvl14 when she beat the first boss, lvl16 beat the pursuer boss. at lvl 18 she's be able to beat the dragon rider boss by close combat melee fight.
She does wear a set of "Drangleic" armor while fighting the dragon rider though. you can get this armor set after beat the pursuer. Pass boss fighting, drop down some broken stone floor, 2 tier floors down, find this set on a dead body.

my current char status:
lvl 18 warrior
Vgr 8
end 10
vit 6
atn 5
str 15
dex 12
adp 5
int 5
fth 5

weapon and gears:
Fire Longsword +4
short bow
large leather shield
varangian sword

chloranthy ring (5 giant crossbow room beyond forest bonfire, climb down and use pharros' lockstone,buy from old lady in forest for 4000 souls, to reveal doorway)
ring of blades (get after pursuer boss?)
life ring not sure where i get it.
ring of binding,it raises your maximum health to 75% (increase max hp while in hollow form).
it's located in a chest just outside the Cathedral of Blue,just before the dragon slayer bossfight. need to low down the raised drawbridge, by killing that guard stand in front of the switch.

will keep updating this post with my current progress.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:19 am 
Site Admin

dragon slayer boss fight . still using lvl18 warrior with fire longsword +5 now.
the key to beat him with melee char is stay close to him always, with shield up. wait till he attack then you hit once or twice at him. then refill stamina.then hold shield up again. keep really close to him and keep circling him to confuse him(狗皮膏药打法 8-) ). Only time you need to get far away from him is when you see him about to do electric smashing butt attack. when you see him charging roll straight back twice, to dodge his attack.
vids can be found at the following link:
http://www.mioopinion.com/video/darksou ... arrior.mp4
youtube vids:

sorry about the quality used the ps4 playroom to record the vids, that's for the annoying music and mirrored image. I'm just a cheap ass grandma , don't want to spend money on video recording device yet. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

damn ruin sentinels fight. took me 2 days retry. outrageous :x :x
anyway, tip to beat them is again, patient.
grab the ring of restoration after you get the soldier key from 1st boss fight. it's in the area above that gaint fire lizard, pass stone bridge, unlock the door, you will find a chest contain this ring, it will slowly regen hp, which will help in this long duration boss fight.
first sentinel you can take down by block then attack. when first enter the mist, lock on him immediately, then walk towards his back and 2 hand wield your weapon slash 3 times. then switch to shield, keep an eye on your stamina bar at all time, and wait for good chance to attack.
When he is down, better fight the rest two on the ground.
keep a distance from them, block at all time, only time for you to attack is when you see both of them just finish attack. once or twice slash max. Don't be too greedy, otherwise, once one of them stamina refill, you will get hit.
This battle will last very long but only way to beat them is patient.

Finally I'm able to beat them with my lvl 18 warrior. Vids below:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

here some really quick post. Through experiment I verified that my first post is wrong. enemy won't lvl up with you in dark souls 2. so just keep lvling up and you will be able to beat anything just fine. thus make the game not as strategical as demon's souls, which you can keep lvl low and weapon sharp to gain advantage over enemy.
here is my current progress. lvl 35 beat the 5 garlgogy boss in belfry luma.
lvl46 beat the sinner in sinner's rise.
game gets boring if the only thing you need to do is out lvl enemy. Any way here is my char's status when beat sinner boss.
lvl 46 warrior:
vgr:18
end:18
vit:8
atn:5
str:20
dex:13
adp:7
int:5
fth:5
video upload soon.
lacking of material to upgrade your weapons in early game stage make the game feel very unbalanced and lack of tuning.
I'm bit busy with all other stuff recently. Sorry for the slow update in game progress.
lost sinner boss fight vids:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Beat the scorpion lady boss two days ago. was slow on the vids upload. ok, here is some tips if you fighting her alone. stay close to her again. since she will cast magic missiles at you if you are too far away from her. if you see her casting. stop locking on her, keep running in circles then you probably can avoid her missiles. when she use the tail sting attack, it's the best chance for you to land attack on her, just stay on the side keep slashing untill ur stamina almost deplete. keep an eye on your stamina bar. which is the most important thing in those souls games.
here is the vids beat her at lvl 56.

If you are coop with friends, this battle seems a lot easier.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Then I went to fight the Royal Rat Authority Boss. actually it looks more like a giant puppy dog than a rat lol, I keep calling it puppy dog. :roll:
The key to beat this boss is kill off the little rats, really fast at first. then try you best stay underneath the giant boss, don't lock on him, just slashing at its legs when you see your stamina is filled and he just finish attack.
He will try to pee on you when its hp drop under 15%. :evil: those yellow liquid can destroy your equipment fairly quick, so better finish off him quickly then roll out of the yellow puddle.
I'm at lvl 66 when I win this fight.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

the spider boss fight has really long path to reach the boss since last bonfire. you better just run pass all the minions in the way. otherwise ,just too much hassle dealing with them and keep dying at boss, re-run the whole route to reach boss again.

the spider called Duke's Dear Freja, it has about 6 minion spiders, you can kill them by stand on the left/right side of the boss. those are safer spot to attack minions. boss won't hurt you there. so whenever you need to refill stamina and wanna heal, run to the side of the boss to do those actions.
try to damage those two head evenly, since if one head take too much damage it will fall off,leave you only one spot to take off boss hp.

I beat it at lvl 68
vgr:25
end:23
vit:10
atn:10
str:20
dex:13
adp:10
int:5
fth:5
Here is the vids:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:10 am 
Site Admin

ok, here is some new updates.
sorry for slow updating, the video grab from darn FB and flip them and then uploading them to youtube surely took long to do.
Ok, next I went to fight the Horse boss. there is a bunch of spear guys waiting on the stone poles near the bridge. gotta lure them down with arrows or you'll get stomped by all 4 of them attacking you at the same time.
there is a red phantom guarding the mist door to the boss area, you can using your arrows on him from far away. took long though.
boss fight is confusing at first, since you have no idea what's going on with the horse keep running and 1 hit you if you are in the corridor. you are suppose to hide in wall notches to progress forward, untill you see a switch you can pull. Pull it will cause the horse to bump its head and lay on the ground, then you can duel it. not a tough fight after carriage destroyed. vids below: