MiOopinion.com

where we speak freely
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Rotten boss fight pass the gutter area.
Really an annoying boss fight, both the fight ground (too many fire pits)and boss's powerful meatcleaver.
The key to win this fight is stay really close to him, best spot is his back, belly is relatively good position too is he refuse turn his back on you. :? rolling towards his right arm when you see he's about to attack usually works, you can avoid most of his attack by rolling, so keep equiment load below 70% for faster rolling recovery.
when you see he's puking, that's the best chance for all out attack, only that time frame you can use up all your stamina, all other situation ,just slash once or twice, keep stamina bar at least half full at all times.
vids below:

beat it at lvl 79
vgr:27
end:26
vit:12
atn:10
str:21
dex:14
adp:12
int:5
fth:5

weapon used:
firelongsword +7
drangleic shield

rings:
chloranthy ring
ring of blades
ring of binding
ring of restoration

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

I wandering to the area where there is skeleton lords boss fight. just focus your attack on the 3 lords first, then focus on those rolling wheels, they are super annoying since their attack can't be blocked.
you'll get them after a few tries I believe.

after that fight I entered the a poison valley. then a windmill castle. I was getting so sick while explore the castle, since there are just too many switch and corridors all look the same to me. get lost and even triggered my motion sickness, here goes my dinner :roll:
finnally find the right way to the boss. lucky me find a extra bonfire near area boss in a hidden door. This game 's lvl design is purely a mess with too many freaking secret and locked doors. feel like they are running out of creativity in lvl design, so they decide to go "groundhog style", digging holes on the ground, punch holes on the wall and then hide them, unless a player with a strategy guide at hand, they'll get lost by those type of design. Dark Souls 2 map design is so inferior comparing to Demon's Souls, dark souls 1 map is already not as refined as demon souls. they pushed the lvl design into void by open it up even more and making it even more confusing. :evil:
Why the heck everything have to go sandbox I wonder.
lvl design in dark souls 2 5/10

Anyway, come back to the snake lady boss fight. it gonna be one of the worst boss fight other than 3 sentinels. since the ground is filled with poison water. you constantly losing your hp while fighting the lady who kicking her own head as soccer ball.
I tried all combination and method I can think of , can't seems to beat her.
Then after roaming around in the windmill castle a bit more. I saw some msg posted by sb else. it says burn the windmill blades with torch. the exact location is behind the 2nd bonfire. a headless sword guy guarding the post. you light a torch from bofire then burn the windmill down. all of a sudden all the poison water in the whole valley area drained including the boss fighting area. WTH is this windmill? Those type of secrets really affect the game play too much, since boss fight become a breeze without the poison water. Feel so unfair to ppl didn't find so called secrets and tricks. Players who want to experience the game without constantly check wiki for game guides get punched on their face, "haha, you got fooled by us". Very bad user experience.

Anyway, didn't save vid for snake lady, since she's piece of cake without poison water.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:41 am 
Site Admin

the lava in iron keep is so deadly, you can see lots of treasures laying on those lavas. if you ever try to grab them without any preparation, you'll be dead. So you need to learn a pyro spell named flash sweat which is essential if you want to grab items on lava and try to fight one of the toughest boss so far, the smelter demon. this optional boss block a way to the 2nd bonfire in the area, but he's really a tough one to crack due to the high defense and his attack inflict fire damage that all mighty drangleic shield won't block well.

although you can by pass this demon fight all together by access from the left side route, although it will be a very long cp since no useful bonfire in between the 1st and the final boss bonfire. there is a lockstone unlocked bonfire, but it will leads you to roof pvp area not much use here.

there is a lightening shortbow in near the room with fire pillar burning all direction. you can grab it after you reach the final bonfire and turn of the fire spitting mechanism in the whole castle.
this bow is useful for the final boss fight in iron keep.
here is the boss fight vids: my daughter decide to join the fight at the very beginning of the vids. :roll:

safer spot near the structure. only boss attack can reach you is the charged beam. can be dodged by rolling. when you see the boss dip into lava try run to the far end spot to lure him, most likely he will keep spawn at left side, so you can keep the safer spot safe.

Smelter demon boss fight vids: need to attune pyro spell "flash sweat" to beat him, and high fire defense armors. and keep the weight below 70% to have fast roll. finish the fight at lvl 88

when you access the bonfire and come back, you can fight pursuer boss again and get the attack up ring +

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am 
Site Admin

drangleic castle door feel so lame. I have to check online to see what's going on with the freaking door, since it keep shut and enemy grunts keep respawning, I keep fighting them over and over untill all my weapon broken :evil:
anyway, you need to kill grunts near the statues in front of the door to get the lame door open.
then inside there is more lame section which require you to fill in enemy souls near certain spots to progress. in a room filled with 8 stone soldiers and if you release the wrong door, there will be tons of sentinels gets unlocked and total of 6 will come out and attack you, very lame indeed. so in that section only open the most far end door on the left side, which leads to 2nd bonfire in castle and dark convenet wheelchair old man. and you can get a fairly good armor set(Faraam Armor) in there too. And nearest right side door. all the rest of the doors are more of a trap than providing you anything useful.
Anyway, there is another hidden bonfire near the outdoor staircase area, where you should climb down 2 ladders to check on a pillar wall to reveal. I really hate those type of design have to say, how they expect players to find them without a strategy guide.
then comes the dragon rider boss fight:

not too complicated here, since their hp is low especially the black one. just keep an eye on your stamina, and wait for a chance to slash once or twice, you can make this fight fairly easy.
I won the fight at lvl 92.
process more in the confusing castle map, i get a door key, but i have no idea where to use it. the map design in DS2 is really a big mess. Anyway, I finally find the door could be opened by the key.
run pass all the annoying horse heads, here comes another boss fight. Glass knight.

he has more predictable patterns once you died a few times. the most important thing is to kill the minion he summoned through mirror whenever you see he summon one. watch out on ur stamina bar and be patient, you will won the fight after learning his attack patterns. Still at lvl 92 when i win this fight.
gears I used:
fire longsword +10.
royal knight shield +6
chloranthy ring +1
cling ring
ring of blades +1
second dragon ring

vrg 28
end 26
vit 14
atn 10
str 26
dex 16
adp 15
int 5
fth 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Shrine of Amana. heard ppl complain about this map so much, actually I think this is the starting point the dark souls 2 map design starting to shine. It's a ruined and waterlogged area. Beautiful blue neon flowers surely attract players attention. The whole area exploring feel much less confusing, since the map is much more linear than all the other previous maps. Without overwhelming usage of locked door and holes and branches. Finally a map designed to let player focus on taking out the enemies than confusing exploring.

The maiden casters are the most annoying enemies in the area though. you better carry a bow with bunch of poison arrows to make the area more enjoyable while progress.

Final boss fight is a giant frog, the path to reach the boss is annoying, you better clean them all up before try out the boss, otherwise you could waste lost of souls trying to figure out the boss pattern.
here is the vids: i only figure out the pattern later half of the vids. The key is the keep a certain distant from it(just out of it's hands swing range), then he's attack will repeat the same pattern all over. After you see it's swinging it's hand twice , then rush up slash on it. then back up again, rinse and repeat. I was at lvl 97 when fight this boss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

here comes the Undead Crypt . I have to admit the namesthey put onto different location for this dark souls 2 are confusing, I remember there is a spot called Undead Purgatory, but that spot actually has nothing to do with this part, no similarity and connections, why the heck they all contain the words "undead"?
there are some mean players in this area who ledt fake msg on the ground near the vender here. they'll ask you light a torch then approve the vender, this will make him turn hostile to you, so don't do it.
there is a bonfire near the graveyard area, on the left side after you entering the graveyard. and don't forget to turn the shortcut switch after you survive the bell alert ambush :evil:
I didn't try to beat the area boss alone this time, since the path to reach it is filled with unpassible grunts. the two spear guard will get you if you try to access the mist by trying to run pass them.
vid for the boss fight.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

you can try to fight the king after you get the king's ring, but in my case , the king won't response to my attack. reason state later on.
then I go to the king's gate in the shaded wood area. 2nd bonfire, middle gateway uphill.
you need to wear the king's ring to open the gate, which become such a hassle later on(especially the final bosses fight). You will arrive at Aldia's Keep, after you get one shot by the skeleton dragon head, first floor there is a NPC locked by a mist, don't pull the switch on the opposite of the mansion, since it will release the NPC and he can invade your game multiple times. you can handle fatties easily with poison arrows, there is a 2nd bonfire on the first door left side.
There is a guardian dragon boss for this area.
Vid here:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

the Dragon Aerie and Dragon Shrine area are the highlight of the entire game. I didn't save any vids for this part, you better see for yourself. enemies in this area pretty much are all weak against poison arrows. (you can stock poison arrows at vender Gavlan Wheel, his final location is near Doors of Pharros 1st bonfire, back out the cave where you can see an elephant head, heading upstairs, he's in a room with sunlight and stone statues)
Talk to the ancient dragon to receive another key, using it you can access lame memories through those dried tree you meet earlier in the game.
in the memory part . you can pick up giant's souls, which can help lower old king vendrick's defense, so you can fight him. only one boss in all 3 of memories. Giant lord, he actually glitched on me when I try to fight him. see vids below. I have to exit memory and re-enter to make him feel like to fight me :o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

ok, after you get all 3 giant souls, now you will have 4 giant souls in your inventory, include the very first boss's soul. you can now go fight king vendrick in Undead Crypt. my char is at lvl 104 used fire longsword +10 to beat him, you better equip an ring to help the weapon last longer, since he's hp is so high. you weapon could wear out if not prepared, or you can carry repair power in consumable shortcut. here is the vids.
the key to beat him is trying to stay on his back as much as possible and slash once or twice , keep the stamina half full at all times, so you can roll out of the harm when needed.

my status when beat him:
lvl 104:
vrg 29
end 27
vit 17
atn 10
str 26
dex 16
adp 16
int 8
fth 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

finally we get to the last bosses fights. there are actually two boss fight in the final arena.
throne defender and watcher Duo. be patient with them, they can revive each other, you better cut off their hp evenly. or you will facing endless repeat :evil:

final boss Nashandra, this is a lame one, I have no idea why i keep losing hp :evil:
chop him down with my +10 lightning Zweihander